Pressing it once:
- If your iPad is sleeping and you click the Home button it will wake up and ask you to slide to unlock.
- If you’re in an app like Safari, Mail, Angry Birds, etc. and you click the Home Button you’ll return to the Home screen with all your app icons.
- If you’re on your second or third Home screen and click the Home button you’ll return to your main (first) Home Screen.
- If you’re on your main (first) Home screen and click the Home Button you’ll go to Spotlight Search.
Pressing it twice:
- If your iPad is sleeping but playing music or media (video) (Music app, a video, etc.) and you double click the Home button, the media controls will pop up on the lock screen so you can pause/play, skip, etc.
- If you’re on the Home Screen or using an app and you double click the Home button the Fast App Switcher will open so you can quickly change between apps or swipe over to the audio, brightness, orientation lock/mute button, and other widget controls.
Dr. Z cares about your communication access.
Disclosure: Dr. Z (Philip W. Bravin) is associated with CSDVRS, currently its Vice-President of Business Development and Outreach.